Jan 26, 2009

How to Set Google Chrome in Incognito Mode as default in Two Steps

No cookies, no cache, no History. Google Chrome offers a cool way to browse Internet without any history stowed on your PC. It was great stuff especially for sluggards like me, who hates clearing cookies. Well I found launching the Incognito mode every time I open the browser was almost a hornets' nest. First switching to the normal mode, then selecting the New icognito window, or the CTRL+SHIFT+N. I'd better look for an easier way, lol call it a sloth, but I can't help it. So I ended up setting the Chrome in Incognito mode by default. Ask me how? You can get it done in two steps.

Step 1

Right click on the chrome shortcut on your desktop. Go to the properties and click on it.

Step 2

Look for the Target text box and type in -incognito at the end. Don't forget to leave a space between the chrome.exe and -incognito. Click on the Ok button and you have finished it.

Next time you open the chrome, you don't need the remember the shorcuts, go ahead with Incognito experience .

No comments:

Post a Comment