Apr 17, 2010

IPL - Glorified Gambling...

Dear Mr. Modi,

I think I will go for an entirely original approach to this topic. You see, if you were on Twitter, you would've noticed, that there are two kinds of people when it comes to IPL. 



1. Those who are Cricket fanatics and ALWAYS talk about the IPL. Sometimes too much  . Including those who watch it on YouTube at a 5 minute delay like my friend and hate the rest of the tweets at home for spoiling the suspense; and,


2. Those who hate everything about IPL and thinks that basically, you're just a dick out to rip off everybody and make a lot of money, and screw over every Indian in the process. These are the people who sign into Twitter only after games get over, or have successfully made use of filters so that they don't see anything with the tag #IPL.


Now, I don't belong to either category. See, I like watching cricket. I like it when Yusuf Pathan blasts a 37 ball 100, or Warne flights the ball and makes an idiot out of the batsman.


But, I should tell you, the IPL sucks for me too at times.  I will tell you the reasons why:


1. Why the heck does it last so long?


2. I like using the terms 'Catches', 'Sixes', and 'Awesome'. Your puppet doll commentators, for some reason insist on using 'Karbon Kamaal Catch', 'DLF Maximum' and 'Citi Moment of Success' instead of their better substitutes. The retards!


3. How do you guys manage to squeeze in an ad while the spinner takes his run-up?



As conclusion, I'd also like to politely request you to take a look at the English Premier League. It's obviously bigger than the IPL in terms of viewership. But there are no Barclay's Super Goals or a Nike Super Duper Tackle in the EPL now is there?


See Mr. Modi, I know you like money. I do too. But we all gotta draw the line somewhere, don't we?? whats ur comment Mr Tharoor :)

1 comment: